Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So Bored

Being a new substitute it is difficult to find jobs. I've been out of work for the last two days & only had a half day on Monday. I don't even remember the last time I had a full-day, certified assignment!

On the upside, some of my classified work has paid dividends. I have two special ed teachers at the high school who have me on their short-list of subs. I think I have now subbed at least a few hours at every school in the district. I am constantly passing out my business card to try to drum up new business, but nothing much has been coming my way lately.

Hopefully business will start to pick up soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of a school only hiring a sub for part of a day. How are they able to do that?

    I'm always called for a full day, though I certainly have days that I get no call. Day one feels like a nice break, but by day two...

    I hope it's gotten better since your last post. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found your blog through KauaiMark. I'm a sub too. I also get called for half days. I usually take them. It's been kind of a slow year. Stupid healthy teachers!

    ReplyDelete